Healthy Homemade Kimchi Ramen
Healthy
Homemade Kimchi Ramen
ARGH
I don’t think I’m actually capable of taking a day off! I was going to take
today off so I can celebrate something really exciting that’s family related,
and I was like, “okay, I only make a dessert today” but no, I was like, NOOO I
HAVE TO MAKE MORE! Haha.
Yes,
it may be easier just go to and buy the kimchi flavoured instant ramen, but I
prefer to be healthy and make my own fresh kimchi and use organic ramen so I
know there’s no wax in it, and this turned out super awesome. Though the kimchi
does take over a week to make, so you’ll need that ready before you can do this
recipe.
Ingredients
•
3
cups water
•
½
cup well fermented kimchi
•
¼
cup bean sprouts
•
1
tablespoon white rice wine
•
1
teaspoon extra light olive oil
•
1
teaspoon sesame oil
•
1
teaspoon rice vinegar
•
1
teaspoon smoked paprika
•
1
teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
•
½
teaspoon Korean red chili flakes
•
¼
teaspoon Himalayan/sea salt
•
A
few sprinkles Szechuan peppercorns
•
2
packets organic ramen (I used Koyo)
Garnish
•
1
scallion
•
1-2
tablespoons well fermented kimchi
Instructions
1. Add
the 3 cups of water, kimchi, bean sprouts, white rice wine, olive oil, sesame
oil, rice vinegar, paprika, soy sauce, Korean red chili flakes, salt, Szechuan
peppercorns and ramen in a small/medium saucepan.
2. Bring
it to a boil, and continue to cook on boiling heat for a total of 8-10 minutes
until the ramen is soft to eat.

Comments
Post a Comment