Creamy Zucchini Noodles White Lentil Spring Onion Sauce + Cheesy Sunflower Sprinkle Recipe


Creamy Zucchini Noodles White Lentil Spring Onion Sauce + Cheesy Sunflower Sprinkle Recipe

Notes: I purchased my white lentils at a Canadian bulk food chain and have seen them at Whole Foods, health food stores , and shops that specialize in Indian foods. When I tossed the zucchini noodles with the sauce, I added a little drizzle of chili oil too (this one). I find that I almost always need a spicy thing in a bowl food situation, so that’s a highly recommended extra step! ;) Also, I know it seems weird to see a sweetener used in the sauce ingredients, but it’s honestly just there for balance as opposed to a full on sweetness. Finally, as I mentioned above: If you can’t find white lentils where you live, feel free to substitute with brown/green lentils or red split lentils. The colour will be a bit different, but the flavour and texture will still be all there.

Serves: 4

Cheesy Sunflower Sprinkle Ingredients (Makes Extra)
·        ⅓ cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
·        1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
·        ½ teaspoon sea salt
·        ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
·        ¼ teaspoon mellow/light miso

White Lentil Spring Onion Sauce Ingredients
·        ⅓ cup white lentils, picked over + rinsed
·        ¾ cup roughly chopped spring onion greens (like chives, green onions or ramp greens; or a mix)
·        ¼ cup basil leaves
·        2 tablespoons olive oil
·        2 tablespoons filtered water
·        1 teaspoon lemon zest
·        1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
·        1 teaspoon mellow/light miso
·        ¼ teaspoon pure maple syrup/agave nectar
·        sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste

For The Noodles
1.   4 medium zucchinis (just as a note: I usually allot 1 zucchini per person when I’m making the zoodles)
2.     Roasted vegetables (I did a mix of asparagus and kale)
3.     Extra basil, chopped, for garnish


Full Recipe: Click Here

Created: BANKHEALTHY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Quinoa Chili Bowl

White Cranberry Martini, Winter Wonderland Cocktail Drink

Easy Low Carb Taco Soup with Ranch Dressing