Dark Chocolate Waffle Cake With Mascarpone Whipped Cream
Dark
Chocolate Waffle Cake With Mascarpone Whipped Cream
As
a food blogger, you learn that sometimes things don’t go as planned, and it is
important that you always have a back up plan. But then sometimes, the back up
plan does not work either. That is when it turns out to be a great learning
lesson.
I
learned this in the very early stages of cooking for Foolproof Living. At
first, in order to make sure that I am prepared for a disaster, I bought 2 of
the same ingredients. That way, I thought, I would always have enough to make
it again. But as you can imagine, it got very costly in no time, and there was
never a guarantee that it would work when I made it the second time.
Author: Aysegul
Sanford
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 8
Category: Breakfast
Cuisine: American
Ingredients
For the
waffles:
•
2
cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour
•
1/2
cup (1 1/2 ounces) unsweetened cocoa powder
•
1/4
cup brown sugar (3 1/2 ounces) – packed
•
2
teaspoons baking powder
•
1-teaspoon
baking soda
•
1-teaspoon
kosher salt
•
3
large eggs – separated and at room temperature
•
2
cups buttermilk – at room temperature
•
1/2
cup olive oil
•
1-teaspoon
vanilla extract
•
6
oz. bittersweet chocolate – finely chopped
•
Non-stick
vegetable oil spray
For the
Mascarpone Whipped Cream:
•
8
ounces Mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
•
1/4
cup +1 tablespoon (divided) confectioners’ sugar
•
3/4
cup heavy cream, at room temperature
•
1-teaspoon
vanilla extract
•
1/2
cup fresh raspberries or any other seasonal fruit you like
Instructions
1. Sift
flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt in
a large bowl.
2. In
another large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, buttermilk, olive oil, and
vanilla extract.
3. Fold
the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in 3 batches. Do not overbeat.
Just mix them until thoroughly combined.
4.
....
5.
....

Comments
Post a Comment