Vegan Ricotta And Spinach Lasagna


Vegan Ricotta And Spinach Lasagna

Back at the end of June (I checked Foursquare [it does have a point!]), my dad came to visit me in New York. If you want to know how much of a trooper my dad is, one night he agreed to take me out to a raw vegan restaurant in Gramercy Park that I was dying to go to. Typically I am dying to go to raw vegan restaurants, yes. To put it plainly, Pure Food and Wine is the greatest place on earth. Fuck you, Disney World. Even my dad, a meat-eating resident of New Orleans (something tells me a raw vegan restaurant would do awesome there – eep), thought the food was amazing. And he paid. Trooper.

Ingredients
Vegan Ricotta (you’ll use about ⅓ of this later on):
            1 ⅔ cups pine nuts (I meant to buy 2 cups but holy crap pine nuts are expensive and holy crap I’m bad at eyeballing so I adjusted because I’m a champion.)
                   1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons lemon juice
                   1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
                   1 teaspoon salt
                   Optional addition: some basil

For the lasagna:
                 ⅓ Vegan Ricotta recipe
                 9 wonton wrappers (scour your local Chinese grocer for the eggless variety, get your hands on some tofu skins, or make them yourself)
                   ¼ cup pasta sauce (Dell’amore Artichoke and Caper Sauce is my jam)
                 3 oz steamed spinach
                 a 4″ spring-form pan

Make your vegan ricotta, dreamers:
Soak the pine nuts for at least an hour in a jar or something with about an inch of water topping the nuts.
Drain the nuts and stick them in a food processor. Add the lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and salt. Pulse, pulse, pulse to mix up the goodness. Slowly add 5-6 tablespoons of water as you further process the ingredients until you get a fluffy (hey, New York Magazine said it, not me), ricotta-like consistency.

Vegan lasagna, assemble!
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
Get out the 4″ spring-form pan that you of course, clearly, definitely own. Spray it lightly with cooking spray. Arrange 4 wonton papers on the base of the pan so that the bottom is as totally covered as you can get it and there is a tiny bit of overlay coverage up the pan, along the edges. Spread 1/3 of the sauce on the wrappers. Spread 1/3 (of your 1/3 of the recipe) vegan ricotta on the sauce. Top with 1/3 of the spinach. Place two wonton wrappers to cover the spinach. Top with another 1/3 of sauce, 1/3 vegan ricotta, 1/3 spinach. Then do that again, without the wonton wrapper layer separating the layers. Now top with the final 3 wonton wrappers to cover the top of the lasagna. Spray lightly with cooking spray.

Full Recipe: Click Here

Created: BANKHEALTHY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Quinoa Chili Bowl

White Cranberry Martini, Winter Wonderland Cocktail Drink

Easy Low Carb Taco Soup with Ranch Dressing